The Professor Abayomi Oluwatosin Jiboku
The Professor Abayomi Oluwatosin Jiboku Chemistry competition is designed to encourage young and upcoming chemists that will contribute meaningfully to the development and learning of chemistry as a subject nationally and internationally.
Named after renowed educationist and chemist, Professor Abayomi Jiboku who has spent all his life teaching chemistry at all levels of education; Primary, Secondary, Polytechnic and University. The Professor Abayomi Oluwatosin Jiboku chemistry competition will be an annual search across high schools (public and private) for only SS2 students. It is introduced to chart the ideal career path and drive the student towards full optimization of their potentials and fulfilment of their dreams with a key message of reviving up the interest of students, parents, teachers and stakeholders.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Each school is required to present their best two (2) students in chemistry (SS2), irrespective of religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance the chance of qualifying for the second round of the competition.
Other activities of the foundation in the past include:
> Scholarship grants given to almost 1000 Nigerian students over a period of five years starting from 2012 to 2017 with the least students receiving N50,000.
> Workshop and seminar organized across the twenty local government areas of Ogun State for principals and vice principals; after which a PC was given to each school.
> Most recently is the AOJF Chemistry competition organized between private and public schools in Ogun State.
First Round: Written Qualifying Exam
Written Qualifying Examination
The first stage of the annual competition coming up on saturday, 8th June, 2019 will hold simultaneously in all the 8 centers accross the 20 Local Government Areas of Ogun State. All SS2 students from public or private secondary schools are free to participate in this competition at the nearest center of their choice.
Students are expected to come for the exam in their school uniforms.
You can get details of the venue for the exam from ministry of education or NAPPS secretariat or on their official website of the foundation or you may contact an official planning committee through the foundation’s website(www.paojf.org).
Students will be asked to shade the necessary information and their answers into answer sheets that will be provided for them at the examination centre using pencils only. Theory questions are to be written in ink/biro. We expect to finalize the marking of the scripts within a month after the first stage. Please note that the results will ONLY be announced on the official website of the foundation.
Each Local Government will produce three (3) winners who will qualify for the second round of the exam making a total of sixty (60) students for the second round.
SMS to be sent to successful schools that qualify for the final stage
Second Round (CBT Exam)
The second round of the competition, which is the CBT exam would hold on Saturday, 13th July, 2019 at a CBT center located in Abokuta.
All students that qualified for the second stage CBT exam would be given AOJF souvenirs. All students that qualified for the second stage are to come with their birth certificate and JSS 3 certificate from their school.
At the end of the second round, a total of sixteen (16) students will emerge that will compete for the third and final round.
THIRD ROUND (PRACTICAL SESSION/QUIZ SHOW)
The third and final round is a pratical session/quiz show which will hold on Saturday, 20th July, 2019. The sixteen students would be involved in a Chemistry Practical Session and proceed to FIVE rounds of quiz competition; where 1st, 2nd and 3rd will emerge with 10 consolation prizes to 10 other students.
- Students are advised to check their result via the online platform that will be made available to them from 1st July, 2019 for the first stage result
- Only qualified students will be contacted for the secont stage (CBT) of the competition
Rules & Regulations
1. The AOJCC State exam will hold on Saturday June 8th, 2019 across the different Local Government Areas of Ogun State, please check the list of centers on www.paojf.org
2. Students must come to their designated examination centres by 9am for accreditation with their Registration slip duly signed and stamped by their school principal.
3. Latecomers will not be allowed to write the examination.
4. Students are to come along with pen, HB pencil and eraser, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
5. Students must conduct themselves in an orderly manner.
6. Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the student.
7. All students MUST come to the exam venue in their School Uniform.
8. Please refer to examination centre list to check for the centre nearest to you.
9. The competition is open to SS2 (year 11) students ONLY.
10. Each school is to prepare their representatives for the qualifying exams based on the current SS2 WAEC/NECO syllabuses.
11. The decision of the organizers is final and we shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination.
1. Students are advised to check their results via the online platform that will be made available to them from 4th June, 2019 for the first stage result
2. We strongly recommend that students sit for the examination at centres nearest to them·
3. Only qualified students will be contacted for the second stage (TV quiz or CBT) of the competition.
4. The AOJ Chemistry Competition is to discover Nigeria’s best Chemistry student.
In preparing students for the examination, WAEC and NECO syllabus are suitable, as the examination questions make use of these syllabus extensively.
How to Participate
Please read it
1. This competition is open to students in SSS2 attending full time Secondary Education ` in both public and private schools in Nigeria.
2. Participation in this competition is free.
3. Each school is required to present their best three (3) students in chemistry (SSS2), irrespective of religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance the chance of qualifying for the second round of the competition.
4. Fill the form and submit. Ensure to fill all required fields.
5. An email will be send to to the school or primary contact’s email address provided when filling the form.
6. Use the link in the email received to verify the email address.
7. Once the email is verified, login to the portal using the school email and password used to register.
8. in the candidate’s information on the form, upload the candidate’s picture and click the save draft button.
9. You can click on add candidates under candidate management.
10. Click the submit button to complete the registration of the candidates.
11. A confirmation slip will be generated for you to print out and will have to stamped and signed by the school principal.
12. The confirmation slip will be required for admitting candidates at the examination venue.
13. Late registration can be done at each centre manually with two 2 passport photographs.
14. You can download manual registration form here.
To awaken the consciousness and interest in chemistry among senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
To improve students’ performance in Chemistry a Nigeria.
To create a credible platform for identifying outstanding students and encouraging excellence in Chemistry.
To provide a creditable platform that will reward excellence in the subject area of Chemistry.
The foundation would be rewarding both school, student and teacher.
The foundation would be rewarding schools, students and teachers. Please find below the prizes for the different categories.
|POSITION||STUDENT CASH PRICE||TEACHER CASH PRICE||PRIZES FOR SCHOOLS|
|1st||#250,000||#50, 000||Burrettes and Pipettes with an Electronic balance|
|2nd||#200,000||#40, 000||Burrettes and Pipettes with a Hoffman voltameter|
|3rd||#150,000||#30,000||Burrettes with Separating funnel|
#10,000 consolation prizes for 10 other students.
Please note that sponsors would also be giving out prizes to different categories of students.
Get In Touch
- Taidob College, Asero Housing Estate, Asero, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- Office: +234-8109063960, +234-8126428096, +234-7039315358